Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is designed to firm and smooth the abdomen by removing excess
skin and fat from the abdomen and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall.
- Typical Desired Outcome:
A flatter, tighter abdominal profile.
Typical Recovery Timeframe:
- Good physical health of any age.
- Good emotional health and reasonable expectations.
- Patients with excess, sagging or loose skin of the abdomen.
- An abdomen that protrudes or is out of proportion to the rest of the body.
- Patients with abdominal muscles that have weakened due to aging or pregnancy.
- Drain tubes will be removed 7 to 14 days after surgery.
- Abdominal binder or girdle will be worn for approximately two weeks.
- Patient will gradually return to normal activity over several weeks.
- Numbness and tightness will subside after a few months.
To determine the best solution to meet your needs and discuss the operative
risks involved, please call our office to schedule a convenient and confidential
consultation with Dr. Oslin.
Additional information may be found at American Society of Plastic Surgeons: