Liposuction, or Lipoplasty, is the surgical removal of excess fat deposits from
the body. Liposuction cannot serve as a substitute for dieting and exercise and
cannot effectively treat cellulite. Liposuction can be performed on several
areas of the body during the same procedure or performed in conjunction with
other cosmetic procedures.Typical Desired Outcome:
- Slim hips and thighs.
- Flatter abdomen.
- More consistent shape of calves and ankles.
- Elimination of double chin.
- Good physical health at any age.
- Good emotional health and realistic expectations.
- Patient's with good skin elasticity will achieve the smoothest control post procedure.
- Patient's wanting to improve the appearance of:
Typical Recovery Timeframe:
- Cheeks, chin and neck
- Upper arms
- Breast or chest area
- Abdomen or waist
- Hips or Buttocks
- Thighs, Inner Knees or Calves and Ankles
- Sutures will be removed 5 to 7 days after surgery.
- Patient will return to non-strenuous activity in 7 days and return to normal
activity in three to four weeks.
- Swelling will peak and begin to subside during the first week. Full reduction in
swelling will occur after several weeks.
- Bruises will fade and eventually disappear after four to six weeks.
- Numbness will subside after a few weeks.
To determine the best solution to meet your needs and discuss the operative
risks involved, please call our office to schedule a convenient and confidential
consultation with Dr. Oslin.
Additional information may be found at American Society of Plastic Surgeons: